- Taking the "artist's fear of computer programming" away by demystifying what MaxMSP is and isn't;
- Learning the basic functionalities of the Max language through example patches that we will reverse engineering together and individually through mini assignments;
- Learning about the magic of building sequencers to control sound, videos, and hardware (i.e. arduino).
- Triggering things with basic sound (amplitude) analysis;
- Building a versatile sound sampler and learning methods for using it in real-time with interaction;
- Building a solid signal based slicer with Cued time (transport) triggering.
- Building a visual sampler/scrubber;
- Doing interactive video analysis (computer vision) of color and shapes;
- Video mapping on multiple 3D objects using a single projector;
- Internet: sending/receiving videos between computers over the Net;
- Cross software video communication with Syphon.
- Using Max as a Main pilot to control parameters of other software
for example, Ableton Live (sound and video) /Logic/ Modul8 / iTunes.
(*** this is not an Arduino course. We'll be using Arduino to enable MaxMSP to communicate to real world objects. The C code for Arduino will be provided)
- Demystifying what a microcontroller is and what it can and can't do;
- Understanding what sensors are and how they work;
- Cover the very very basics (+) (-) of electronics.